THREE REASONS FOR COVENANT PARTNERSHIP
- We all long to be known, cared for, and pushed toward Christ. We’re not just names in a database or members of a social club. Rather, we are called into relationship with one another. For this reason, we use Covenant Partnership to establish who claims Redeemer as their church home (Ephesians 4:11-16).
- The earliest church gathered on a regular basis and the scriptures indicate there was some form of agreement or partnership (Hebrews 10:24-25).
- We believe that the leaders of Redeemer Community Church will give an account for how the partners of Redeemer are shepherded, and we believe that it is through Covenant Partnership that we can most clearly establish for whom we are responsible (Hebrews 13:17).
THE LEADERSHIP COVENANTS WITH YOU TO:
- Challenge you to know God by growing in your love for and knowledge of him.
- Help you to become like Jesus through the transforming power of the Holy Spirit.
- Equip you to help others do the same.
- Center our preaching, our counsel, and our whole lives on the Gospel.
- Offer leadership that reflects our Chief Shepherd’s love, care, and protection of his sheep.
- Help you identify opportunities to serve for the glory of God.
- Steward God’s resources well.
I COVENANT WITH THE LEADERSHIP AND OTHER REDEEMER PARTNERS TO:
- Believe the gospel of Jesus while seeking to walk with him in a deepening relationship that has been or will soon be proclaimed publicly through baptism.
- Entrust myself to the care and oversight of Redeemer’s leadership and diligently strive for unity and peace within the church.
- Embody the heart of Redeemer’s mission, beliefs, and values.
- Share the rhythms of Redeemer and serve the church through the stewardship of my time, talents, and treasures.
I affirm my commitment to enter into Covenant Partnership. I understand that I will be held accountable to walk in a manner consistent with Covenant Partnership as stated in this covenant.